The ADASTRA Group is an international IT consulting company with 20 international offices and headquartered in Toronto, Canada. ADASTRA provides leading companies with the full range of consulting services in information management - from conception to implementation and application of innovative and efficient solutions in the areas of Data Warehouseing, Business Intelligence, Big Data Analytics, and Cloud solutions. With over 2000 experts worldwide we bridge the gap between business departments and IT to increase the operational efficiency of our customers. For more information, please check www.adastragrp.com
We are looking for a Senior Data Engieneeing (Microsoft Stack) to strengthen our team in Frankfurt am Main, Hannover or Munich.
Are you are looking to put you expertise in Data Engineering to use in challenging projects for renowned clients in Banking, Financial Services, Automobile and Manufacturing industries? If you are looking to join a group of dedicated experts who have a passion for their work and if you are looking forward to grow personally and professionally through sharing knowledge and bringing new ideas to the table, this opportunity might be interesting for you!
- Design, develop, and deploy scalable end-to-end data solutions using latest cloud & on-prem technologies from Microsoft including, but not limited to: Azure SQL/SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS/Azure Analysis Services, Power BI, Azure Data Factory, Synapse Analytics & Databricks.
- Design & build data pipelines to load data from streaming and batch sources into Data Lakes / Data Warehouses / Data Marts.
- Work with a wide variety of data sources located on-premises and in the cloud
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Design, develop and implement data models
- Create modern interactive reports & dashboards
- Promote best practices that enable teams to accelerate their consumption and understanding of data
- Bring thought leadership in the area of Data & Analytics when it comes to Microsoft technologies
Required Skills, Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- A university degree in computer science, business informatics, business administration with an IT focus or in a comparable course of study
- 3+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- 2+ years of working experience in one or more of the technologies: Azure SQL/SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS/Azure Analysis Services, Power BI, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL DW (Synapse Analytics) & Databricks
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- You have demonstrated expertise in data modeling, data pipelines development, and data warehousing in your career
- Comfortable with writing complex T-SQL queries
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: DAX, Python, R, Scala or Java
- Experienced in using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark etc.) and/or commercial ETL software products (Informatica, SSIS, Talend, etc.)
- At least one Microsoft Certification in Azure: Azure Developer Associate, Azure Administrator Associate, Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Azure Data Engineer Associate, Data Analyst Associate.
- Working in an international team of Data & Analytics experts
- A work environment where knowledge-sharing is coveted and which has an open feedback culture
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth through industry-recognized projects for internationally-known clients
- Support to fulfill your personal potential and individual career planning (Training and further education, participation in conferences, etc.)
- Opportunities to take responsibility at an early stage
- Flat hierarchies and an attractive salary & benefits package